who am I

Mi foto
www.michaeljameswright.com Die hard photographer.... Living in Guanajuato Mexico....

lunes, 17 de mayo de 2010

objectifying my Negatives






MyNegatives













This time it will be calm, when people claim they are interested in photography they click faster than they read it or even think it. Coupling personal images I took within common feelings and time periods. Specially a time when I did not think much about what I did beyond the technical aspects. I hope to bring something new to your plate.
I started to work recently with a Canon 8800F scanner with the object of digitalizing 100`s of slides of my father. But till there completely cataloged in the correct order in a binder, they wont get close to the chaos that digitalizing becomes.
So my most precious "object book" came out of a box and on to the scanner.
5 years of compulsive black and white negatives, dating 2001/2007, mostly include the world around me. Bouncing from portraits to landscapes, Chile Argentina and Mexico.
40hrs a week in the dark room did not make me a lab genius, more of a mess maker with a beautiful mess.
Most of the film is Kodak 400TX, shot with a rebel Ti and a 28-80 lens. Some times a 1982 Canon AE-1 that behaved better in the rain, snow, mud and with the face of who ever wanted to start some trouble.
My lab work was not constant, most of the time I was accused of doing it wrong. The more I noticed that who ever was telling me this did not do much to help them selves, the less affected I was about their remarks. This also came from people who defined photographs as good or bad...
Now that I see it in perspective I should retake this BW obsession.
Think less and shoot more, or shoot more and think less...at the end of the day it all comes down to what intention/context you build around your work.






3 comentarios:

  1. Esta increible la resolución de tu escaner paterno doooo babes... me gustó mucho todo lo que escribiste con letras... y lo que escribiste en imagenes está perfectamente escrito la fotografía de tu madre y el bote rules y bueno esa manera tuya de conjugar imagenes miguelito solo me deja claro que tengo mucho mucho que estudiar y que esta bien padre tu manera de trabajar

    ResponderEliminar
  2. por cierto, pajaros y coty fue la que más disfruté

    ResponderEliminar
  3. No tienes q estudiar mas- mas tienes que poner en practica lo que ya sabes. Levantate q puedes caminar sola.

    ResponderEliminar