who am I

Mi foto
www.michaeljameswright.com Die hard photographer.... Living in Guanajuato Mexico....

lunes, 29 de marzo de 2010

Dia de las flores/Day of the flowers. 2010













26·March·2010
The day of the flowers is this repetitive party that comes around once a year, "the"day the students get on spring break. Not the americanized twisted moral "Fuck" yeah we are on vacations type of spring break... but yet twisted in its own way.

Knowing it would be a long night, I waited to leave my house till midnight after a heavy steak dinner. Got all dazzled up in my 80`s studded jacket and with my camera prepped.... I knew the 8gb I had of memory in the camera would not be enough. "Real Men Shoot RAW"... I did pussy out... Ended up with 400Jpeg`s shot when the sun started smacking the ravers in the face.

Standing in this parking lot of a house that never comforted any one, staring at the sun coming up between the hills I was getting ready to witness the petrification of the trolls from "From here there and back again". (Bert and Tom and William The three trolls of; The Hobbit). Knowing this I had prepared 1.8f 28mm... and made best of the short time before they all melted away.









4 comentarios:

  1. hahaha

    "the"day the students get on spring break. Not the americanized twisted moral "Fuck" yeah we are on vacations type of spring break... but yet twisted in its own way."

    Gotta love that...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. jejejejeje si tiene algo de eso.... es lo que conocemos como día de las flores pero la mayor parte de la población que celebra ese día lo hace el viernes de dolores, con otro significado e interes.....captaste una parte de ese evento pero no la esencia

    ResponderEliminar
  3. how ever, me gustan mucho tus fotos, por cierto me meti en tu flickr a ver que habia de nuevo y vi una serie de fotos que tomaste de una colega española que tienen por nombre they'r not there darling o algo asi y me gusto muchisimo esta poca madre su desesperación paranoia, dice mucho y no se sabe bien que es lo que quiere decir pero tiene un poco de humanidad de esa que cuando escarbas en la cabeza de cualquier persona le sale a borbotones.... bueno eso me parecio a mi esta bien chidolira

    ResponderEliminar
  4. cual esencia? la que viene con el nombre o la que se carga el dia?
    o el ideal del dia?

    si tuviese que escribir pa una revista me preocuparia por todas esas cosas....
    bah!

    ResponderEliminar